Zipabout has a zero-tolerance approach to slavery, iscommitted to preventing acts of slavery and human trafficking from occurring within both its business and supply chain, and imposes those same high standards on its contractors, suppliers and other business partners.
Zipabout is a technology company focusing on improving the experience of using transport. Zipabout licenses a range of technology products to businesses and local and central government bodies. As such, Zipabout has a discrete supply chain and procures goods and services in excess of £400,000 per year. Zipabout works with a wide range of different suppliers, subcontractors and partners each of which will have their own subcontractors, affiliates and associate entities. Zipabout therefore is connected to multiple entities (for instance USA and mainland Europe) through numerous contractual relationships across many countries.
Due diligence processes
- Operates strict procurement processes, ensuring suppliers comply with all applicable laws and standards, including those which relate to the ModernSlavery Act;
- Expect our suppliers to have suitable anti-slavery and human trafficking policies and processes in place within their own businesses and to cascade those policies to their own suppliers;
- Has completed an analysis of assurance information from existing suppliers and partners and followed up where relevant;
- Follows the advice and guidance in relation to theModern Slavery Act set out in th Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) code of professional conduct;
- Provides regular training in respect of the Modern Slavery Act to staff;
- Includes appropriate terms in contractual documentation, obliging suppliers and contractors to comply with the Modern Slavery Act and reserving the right for Zipabout to audit suppliers and contractors, where we consider it appropriate;
- Encourages staff to identify and report any potential breaches of Zipabout’s anti-slavery policy statement;
- Whistle-blowers are protected through our confidential reporting process.
The above procedures are designed to:
- Identify and assess potential risk areas in our business and supply chains.
- Reduce the risk of slavery and human trafficking occurring in our business and supply chains.
- Monitor potential risk areas in our business and supply chains.
- Provide adequate protection for whistle-blowers.
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of theModern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes Zipabout’s slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial year ending April 2021.
A copy of this policy is available for download here