Transportation Data is at the heart of everything we do – lots and lots of data – and the quality and reliability of our core data platform is critical to our wider product offering… As the landscape evolves, so must we – from private beta’s with well known cloud providers through to production deployments powering some of the busiest messaging applications in transportation – we tend to work at the cutting edge of the big-data world. As our projects grow, so does our workload, so we’re looking for a data engineer to work under our lead developer as we expand the platform (and the company) into Europe.
• Work closely with the tech director and senior developers to help build and deploy our transportation data processing platform
• Develop systems and tools to ingest data into our wider communications platform using cloud technology on a day to day basis
• Work with clients, data suppliers and Open Data platforms to develop and maintain libraries to ingest real-time data at massive scale
• Create and manage systems to ensure data integrity, security and processes to deliver auditing and compliance
• Developing unit and integration tests to ensure our complex systems work as expected and match required behaviour
• Contributing to the clear documentation of new processes and improvements to existing documentation
• Creating automated alerts/alarms/dashboards for our critical operational systems
• Understanding of data processing at scale, data transformation, optimising data for transfer/storage
• Stream processing, ETL, big data
• Source control, continuous integration/deployment, testing
• Modern architectural design patterns
• Object-oriented and functional programming concepts
• Microservice oriented infrastructure and/or containerisation
• Scala/Java and Linux
• Commercial experience with Amazon Web Services (Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis, DynamoDB, S3, EC2, ECS etc)
• SQL / NoSQL database design (understanding of Graph Database concepts a bonus!)
• Familiarity with RESTful API design concepts
For you, the devil is in the detail! Resilience, scalability and quality all go without saying in everything you do! You’ve probably been working as part of a team on an enterprise-level platform for a while, and fancy a challenge with greater responsibility and plenty of room to grow.
If you think you’re who we’re looking for, and you want a career in a fast-moving sector with plenty of room to grow, send your CV with covering letter to email@example.com – no covering letter, no reply!
Offering £40-50k with benefits
Important – the following criteria are non negotiable, and applications that do not meet them will be ignored:
This is an office-based role for our Oxford office; there is no opportunity for remote working.
Please do not apply if you are unable to attend an interview at our Oxford offices, IN PERSON. We want to meet you!
We are unable to sponsor visa applications – applicants must already have the Right To Work in the UK
No agencies, thank you!
Check out our quick guide to applications and drop us a line