Multi-modal routing and real-time transport data are at the heart of everything we do, and we use a wide range of open-source and proprietary systems to power our unique real-time messaging platform for transport operators. We are looking for a talented individual to join our leading-edge team of engineers and developers, focusing on the customisation and extension of our core multi-modal routing platform based on OpenTripPlanner.
• Working closely with the tech director and senior developers to help extend and customise our OpenTripPlanner(OTP) based multi-modal routing platform
• Liaising with our product team to identify and specify existing and future functionality for the core routing platform, and liaise with the OTP community to align development with the wider project roadmap
• Developing unit and integration tests to and help create complex systems tohelp validate and improve data and routing quality
• Contributing to the clear documentation of new processes and improvements to existing documentation
• Prior experience of working with OpenTripPlanner (OTP) or a similar open/closed-source multi-modal routing engine
• Familiarity with data standards e.g. GTFS, GTFS-RT, SIRI, NeTEx etc
• Solid knowledge of Java (Scala experience also useful)
• Experience with source control (Git preferred), continuous integration, and unit/integration testing and issue management software (Jira ideally)
• Bash scripting and basic *nix deployment and configuration experience
Ideally you will have direct experience of working with OpenTripPlanner or similar open-source or closed-source multi-modal routing engines. A solid knowledge of Java/Scala and working experience with Amazon Web Services will also be beneficial. You will work directly under our lead developer as we expand the platform (and the company) into Europe.
Other desirable skills would be:
• Experience with ETL / Stream processing
• Familiarity with both relational and NoSQL databases (e.g. MySQL or DynamoDB)
• Commercial experience with Amazon Web Services (Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis,DynamoDB, S3, EC2, ECS etc)
• Familiarity with RESTful API design concepts
Zipabout is following government guidance and currently all staff are working from home with a weekly catch-up in the office. We hope that this will change, and that we can see more of each other as a team in the future, but for the time being the role can be largely executed remotely.
It is likely that we will continue to support a mix of WFH and office based work in the future, however there will still be a requirement to come to the office on a weekly basis. As such this is an Oxford based role, so you will need to be able to be office based for at least 1 day each week.
If you think you’re who we’re looking for, and you want a career in a fast-moving sector with plenty of room to grow, send your CV with covering letter and links to published work to email@example.com – no covering letter, no reply.
Offering £300 per day for an initial contract of 3 months
Important – the following criteria are non-negotiable, and applications that do not meet them will be ignored:
A cover letter is essential! Applications without one cannot be considered.
We are unable to sponsor visa applications – applicants must already have the Right To Work in the UK.
No agencies, thank you.
Check out our quick guide to applications and drop us a line