Zipabout are working with Rail Delivery Group and the UK Rail industry to provide personalised messaging capabilities to National Rail Enquiries and UK TOCs. Steered by RDG, with guidance from DfT, we now need a Client Services Director (Rail) to own the relationship with RDG and DfT, manage key stakeholders and help shape the product as it evolves to serve the rail sector – both home and abroad.
NB. Please read our guide to applications before applying as we cannot consider applications that do not provide a cover letter!
We are looking for somebody with experience of the UK rail industry from an operational, political and passenger experience perspective who can take ownership of this sector of the business. Responsibilities will include:
• Guiding and steering the sector to get the most out of the product and influencing industry/sector strategy
• Regular meetings with RDG boards, working groups and their members – up to and including the Customer Board.
• Reporting to DfT and managing key stakeholder expectations
• Engaging with, and supporting, TOCs who use the technology and feeding their needs back to the product team
• Building a team to support the individual needs of the operators on a daily basis (including an immediate account manager)
• Collating and reporting the priorities of the industry so they can shape ongoing product development
The ideal person will be comfortable dealing with director-level panels of rail professionals, both inside and outside of RDG, and will be guided by the best experience for the passenger rather than the politics of the industry. You may well be looking for the next step from a management role or eyeing up a commercial director's desk.
A good understanding of TOC commercial needs and the structure of the rail industry and its stakeholders is vital.
Zipabout is following government guidance and currently all staff are working from home. We hope that this will change, and that we can see more of each other as a team in the future, but for the time being the role can be executed remotely.
It is likely that we will continue to support a mix of WFH and office based work in the future, however there will still be a requirement to come to the office and visit clients on a weekly basis. As such this is a Birmingham based role with primary stakeholders in London, so you will need to be able to reach either city for a couple of days each week.
Important – the following criteria are non-negotiable, and applications that do not meet them will be ignored:
A cover letter is essential! Applications without one cannot be considered.
We are unable to sponsor visa applications – applicants must already have the Right To Work in the UK.
No agencies, thank you.
Check out our quick guide to applications and drop us a line