We need a helping hand with our in-house journey planner! You won't need to be in the office every day, but you will need to be able to come in on a regular basis to work with the team here and discuss approaches. Java through and through, you'll be able to take the existing deployment to the next level.
• Work closely with the tech director and senior developers to help build and deploy an existing multi-modal journey planning platform
• Solve challenging problems by developing new code, improving and optimising existing solutions through debugging and investigation
• Developing unit and integration tests to ensure our complex systems work as expected and match required behaviour
• Contributing to the clear documentation of new processes and improvements to existing documentation
• Strong knowledge of Java and JVM
• Experience with automation and scalability techniques
• Source control (Git preferred), continuous integration, and standard testing frameworks
• Object-oriented and functional programming concepts
• Experience with debugging and optimising Java applications
• Shell scripting
• Knowledge of mathematical algorithms related to graphs/networks
• Experience with cloud-based technology an advantage
• Some experience with journey planning systems would be handy
If you think you’re who we’re looking for, and you want a career in a fast-moving sector with plenty of room to grow, send your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – no covering letter, no reply!
£Negotiable / 1-3 months
Important – the following criteria are non negotiable, and applications that do not meet them will be ignored:
This is an office-based role for our Oxford office; there is no opportunity for fully remote working.
Please do not apply if you are unable to attend an interview at our Oxford offices, IN PERSON. We want to meet you!
We are unable to sponsor visa applications – applicants must already have the Right To Work in the UK
No agencies, thank you!
Check out our quick guide to applications and drop us a line