NB. Before applying please check this job advert and requirements on our website if you have found it elsewhere!
no covering letter, no reply.
We’re definitely not a digital agency, but our products rely on top-notch front-end skills. From our Messenger-led information systems through to prototype interfaces, dashboards and mobile and desktop visualisations, our tech has to be visually superb. As such, we need a mid-senior level FED with varied experience to help us turn the tech into something people can see and use.
NB. Please read our guide to applications before applying as we cannot consider applications that do not provide a cover letter!
• Writing microservices to support front-end views
• Developing high quality front-end code for new builds and maintaining existing sites
• Transforming flat designs into functional, responsive web apps that work beautifully across different browsers and devices
• Working with back-end developers to define and integrate RESTful APIs
• Managing workflow with project managers to ensure smooth delivery
• Contributing to the general standard of front-end within the company
• Taking ownership of improving and maintaining this to a good standard
Please don't try and blag these, we will be testing!
• Advanced HTML5 and SCSS, with excellent attention to detail
• Knowledge of AWS Lambda, CloudWatch and CodeBuild
• Experience with AWS CLI and SDKs
• Version control (we use Git)
• Working with and designing RESTful APIs
• Experience writing unit tests to build robust code (we use Jasmine & Jest)
• Writing code with scalability, readability and maintainability in mind
• Understanding of AWS architecture best practices
• Experience working with a chatbot would be beneficial
The perfect person will ideally have 3+ years agency or contractor experience on a wide range of clients and projects and will now be looking for a role with responsibility they can get their teeth into!
Zipabout is following government guidance and currently all staff are working from home with a weekly catch-up in the office. We hope that this will change, and that we can see more of each other as a team in the future, but for the time being the role can be largely executed remotely.
It is likely that we will continue to support a mix of WFH and office based work in the future, however there will still be a requirement to come to the office on a weekly basis. As such this is a Birmingham based role, so you will need to be able to be office based for at least 2-3 days each week.
If you think you’re who we’re looking for, and you want a career in a fast-moving sector with plenty of room to grow, send your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – no covering letter, no reply.
Offering £45-55k with benefits
Important – the following criteria are non-negotiable, and applications that do not meet them will be ignored:
A cover letter is essential! Applications without one cannot be considered.
We are unable to sponsor visa applications – applicants must already have the Right To Work in the UK.
No agencies, thank you.
Check out our quick guide to applications and drop us a line