We’re definitely not a digital agency, but we do a fair amount of front-end work for both our clients and ourselves; prototype interfaces, dashboards and mobile and desktop visualisations are an important part of the data we gather and the technology we build. We now need someone who can look after the public-facing and visual side of what we do.
Starting with our own websites and client interfaces, we need a pixel-visioned demon who can take design concepts and built faultless responsive interfaces with their eyes closed. Ok, maybe not with your eyes closed, but this bit certainly shouldn't be a challenge for you!
Working under the Senior FED and with input from the Creative Lead and product teams you'll be the go-to person for our web interfaces. Core responsibilities will include
• Transforming flat designs into functional, responsive websites that work beautifully across different browsers and devices
• Managing workflow and work closely with project managers to ensure smooth delivery
• Contributing to the general standard of front-end within the company and taking ownership of improving and maintaining this to a good standard
• Ability to work closely with designer and a passion for creating intuitive user interfaces is essential.
• Solid HTML and CSS (no Wysiwyg editors allowed!)
• An understanding of frameworks such as Angular 2+ or React would be beneficial.
The perfect person will ideally have some agency or freelance experience with demonstrable experience of building html interfaces from design concepts. This will not be your first web / front-end role, but you'll be looking to get your teeth into something a bit more challenging and rewarding than banging out websites for small businesses, and you'll be keen to learn and progress in a role that can grow as quickly as you can.
If you think you’re who we’re looking for, and you want a career in a fast-moving sector with plenty of room to grow, send your CV with covering letter and links to published work to email@example.com – no covering letter, no reply.
Offering £25-30k with benefits
Important – the following criteria are non-negotiable, and applications that do not meet them will be ignored:
This is an office-based role for our Oxford office; there is no opportunity for remote working.
Please do not apply if you are unable to attend an interview at our Oxford offices, IN PERSON. We want to meet you!
We are unable to sponsor visa applications – applicants must already have the Right To Work in the UK.
No agencies, thank you.