The Communications Manager will play a key role in the delivery of all internal and external communications activity aimed at raising the profile of the company. You will help us grow our brand in the B2B market, launch to a consumer audience and shape our external profile and reputation.
Reporting directly into the CEO, your primary role will be to manage all media and PR activity and drive content across relevant channels including our website and social media platforms. You’ll work closely with the founders, project and creative teams to craft newsworthy story angles, engage with journalists and develop supporting materials and opportunities.
• Build relationships with and be the first port of call for all media, both trade (transport and technology) and consumer
• Proactively identify and plan opportunities to engage with media contacts – develop relevant news angles and feature pitches which position us as the go-to experts in our field
• Maintain a day-to-day press office, responding to media enquiries in a timely fashion
• Development of thought leadership positioning – drafting and sell-in of op-ed features and comment pieces
• Take ownership of the website and all social channels [LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter] to build and maintain a high-profile presence
• Creation and posting of all content
• Interaction with key influencers
• Copy writing of all company PR and marketing materials e.g. press releases, leaflets, award entries
• Organisation of events e.g. product launches for media and stakeholders, participation in B2B exhibitions
• Liaison with stakeholders from other companies involved in our projects to coordinate comms activity
We’re after somebody with some passion for what they do, ambition and an ability to look outside the box, combined with some solid experience at a management level and a proven track record - this is not your first senior comms role. We want people who will stay with us, take ownership, grow with us and make the journey more enjoyable.
You’ll be happy to work independently when needed, taking ownership of your own strategy, as well as fitting effortlessly into the wider team. We’re a small but sociable team so we’d love somebody who is chatty, confident and partial to the odd team social occasion.
You don’t need to love transport (we don’t), but you do need to have an interest in technology and a broad awareness of the industry, with experience in getting your story heard.
We’re after somebody with strong integrated experience rather than a traditional press officer - this role will cover everything from PR and marketing to copywriting and social media management.
• Solid previous tech communications experience, either in-house or agency, at manager level
• Strong media contacts within the tech and business sectors
• Skilled copywriter with a flair for creativity and experience in drafting press releases, opinion pieces and other marketing materials
• Event management experience
• Competent with social media and experienced in building influential networks
• Commercially aware and business savvy
• Outstanding organisation, with an ability to manage a busy to-do list across multiple projects
If you think you’re who we’re looking for, and you want a career in a fast-moving sector with plenty of room to grow, send your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – no covering letter, no reply.
Offering £35-45k with benefits
Important – the following criteria are non-negotiable, and applications that do not meet them will be ignored:
This is an office-based role split between our Oxford & Birmingham offices; there is no opportunity for remote working.
Please do not apply if you are unable to attend an interview at our Oxford offices, IN PERSON. We want to meet you!
We are unable to sponsor visa applications – applicants must already have the Right To Work in the UK.
No agencies, thank you.