Data is at the heart of everything we do – lots and lots of data – so the back-end IS the company… As the landscape evolves, so must we – from private beta’s with well known cloud providers through to production deployments with some of the busiest web applications in transportation – we tend to work at the cutting edge of the big-data world. As our projects grow, so does our workload, so we’re looking for a mid-weight software engineer to work under our lead developer as we expand the platform (and the company) into Europe.
• Work closely with the tech director and senior developers to help build and deploy our suite of transport related APIs and SDKs
• Fix issues, make enhancements and solve challenging problems by developing new code and integrating existing Zipabout or 3rd party libraries and services
• Developing unit and integration tests to ensure our complex systems work as expected and match required behaviour
• Contributing to the clear documentation of new processes and improvements to existing documentation
• Creating automated alerts/alarms/dashboards for our critical operational systems
• Solid knowledge of Java (Scala experience also useful)
• Experience with source control (Git preferred), continuous integration, and unit/integrationtesting and issue management software (Jira ideally)
• Object-oriented and functional programming concepts
• Modern architectural design patterns, particularly event-driven and microservice based architectures
• Experience with ‘Big Data’ processing / ETL / Stream processing
• Containerisation (docker experience preferable)
• Commercial experience with Amazon Web Services (Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis, DynamoDB, S3, EC2, ECS etc)
• SQL / NoSQL database design (understanding of Graph Database concepts a bonus!)
• Familiarity with RESTful API design concepts
For you, the devil is in the detail! Resilience, scalability and quality all go without saying in everything you do! You’ve probably been working as part of a team on an enterprise-level platform for a while, and fancy a challenge with greater responsibility and plenty of room to grow.
If you think you’re who we’re looking for, and you want a career in a fast-moving sector with plenty of room to grow, send your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – no covering letter, no reply!
Offering £40-50k with benefits
Important – the following criteria are non negotiable, and applications that do not meet them will be ignored:
This is an office-based role for our Oxford office; there is no opportunity for remote working.
Please do not apply if you are unable to attend an interview at our Oxford offices, IN PERSON. We want to meet you!
We are unable to sponsor visa applications – applicants must already have the Right To Work in the UK
No agencies, thank you!