Mid-level Software Engineer
Leamington Spa / Hybrid
Permanent - full time
For you, the devil is in the detail! Resilience, scalability and quality all go without saying in everything you do! You’ve probably been working as part of a team on an enterprise-level platform for a while, and fancy a challenge with greater responsibility and plenty of room to grow. We are unable to offer interviews to developers with less than 3-5 years commercial experience.
- Work closely with the product team and senior developers to help build and operate our AWS-based transportation messaging platform
- Take ownership of, migrate and extend existing and new event-driven processes into modern architectures
- Fix issues, make enhancements and solve challenging problems by developing new code and integrating existing Zipabout or 3rd party libraries and API services
- Developing unit and integration tests to ensure our complex systems work as expected and match required behaviour
- Contributing to the clear documentation of new processes and improvements to existing documentation
- Creating automated alerts/alarms/dashboards for our critical operational systems
- At least 3 years commercial experience with Amazon Web Services (Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Cloudformation/SAM essential)
- Modern architectural design patterns, particularly event-driven and microservice based architectures
- Experience with source control (Git preferred), continuous integration, and unit/integration testing and issue management software (Jira ideally)
- Object-oriented and functional programming concepts
- Containerisation (docker experience preferable)
- Experience with 3rd party messaging APIs such as Messenger, Twilio, and the WhatsApp Business API
- Solid knowledge of Scala (or a background in Java if no direct experience of Scala)
- NoSQL database design (understanding of Graph concepts a bonus!) with solid knowledge of SQL/MySQL beneficial
- Familiarity with RESTful API design concepts
We have a lovely newly refurbished office in the heart of Leamington Spa and this is a hybrid office/WFH role. We’d expect you to spend at least 3 days a week in the office. Zipabout actively supports flexible working.
Zipabout is following government COVID guidance and will amend our WFH/office guidelines in line with any changes by government.