We know our product is popular, but we know it can be better - and with the almost limiteless variations that we can power based on our personalisation capabilities, we now really need to identify each of our audience types and understand their needs. From supporting travellers with hidden disabilities, through to keeping commuters moving seamlessly, we need someone who can work with our Behavioural Boffins to make sure everything we do makes things better for our users.
We're not going to be blown away by B2B app designs or rebadges - we want to see the detail and your research capabilities
You will love the detail! You'll be a self-driven researcher who's not afraid to go into the field to understand what is needed - and you'll get a kick out of proving your work makes a difference. You'll also relish the challenge of providing the same quality of experience on vastly different channels, and you'll see this as an almost endless set of challenges...
We know roughly what the user needs, and we know what the product has to do - now it's down to you. Simplifying the communication and engagement to the path of least resistance is what gets you out of bed in the morning - the assets to drive it are childs play from there! Core duties include:
- Audience segmentation and testing
- Needs research
- Planning new features and how we surface the information our users need
- Personalisation experience
- Designing and managing assets and flows for each part of the product
- Testing and refining what we do based on real-world research
- Working with our behavioural research team to get answers to your questions
- Leading R&D programmes into user behaviour
- Prototyping and testing your ideas
You've done this commercially for at least 3 years, and you'll have worked on some high-profile projects that you can take us through, so you'll already know what we need - and you'll be able to demonstrate the impact you have had. Experience of conversation design or chat-bots won't hurt, but this is as much about the research and understanding needs vs capabilities as it is the interface.