You’re an inspiring leader and enjoy growing, coaching and engaging with your team. You’re articulate and able to communicate clearly with techies, the commercial team and clients. You’re adept at balancing business priorities and considering delivery from both commercial and technical viewpoints. You take pride in embedding structures and processes that help your team to work effectively and efficiently. You’re also not afraid to roll up your sleeves from time to time and get stuck into the tech.
· Ownership of the overall roadmap for platform and tech stack
· Building / managing teams here and abroad + able to grow the team in new areas
· Introduction of structure and processes (eg out of hours handling) and the balancing of commercial with resource
· Capable of being client facing when required and able to take on some tech project management work
· Embedding of knowledge management structure and processes in the team
· Oversee and tighten Quality Control to ensure the business can progress
· Ensure open and active communications both within the team and externally with stakeholders and clients
· Proactively manage work against commercial priorities
· Able to augment the tech resource when required
Please don't try and blag these or tell us you will pick them up quickly - we don't have time to teach the following!
· Strong leadership and people/team management experience
· Experience of managing remote teams (international experience a benefit)
· Proven track record of designing, owning and managing tech roadmap
· Familiarity with AWS Lambda, CloudWatch and CodeBuild
· Understanding of AWS architecture best practices
· Version control (we use Git)
· Comfortable managing a team who work with advanced HTML5 and SCSS,AWS CLI and SDKs, RESTful APIs, Jasmine & Jest
· Excellent attention to detail
· Strong communication skills – both written and spoken
· Experience working with a chatbot would be beneficial
We are a fast-paced company, committed to growing a formidable business. We will do so by delivering exceptional value to our clients and developing new and innovative ways for our tech to grow.
You are a good fit for the Zipabout culture if you:
- Are a self-starter and are excited (and not daunted) about joining a rapidly growing scale-up business
- Enjoy change. We’re about innovation – we don’t stand still!
- Are a self-learner and a passionate tinkerer – you like to try new things and are comfortable paving the way forwards
- Have a product mindset - we are a product company, not a services company
- Want to be part of a team.
- We reward with competitive salaries and regular reviews
- Share options scheme for all staff – you will own a meaningful part of the business
- Flexible working so that you can plan your workday around your commitments
- We invest in your development with both personal professional and vocational development budgets
- Generous holiday allowance because we know that downtime feeds creativity and productivity
- A real work/life, family friendly balance - we don’t want you working the weekends
- No micro-management!
- Exposure to many aspects of the business and the opportunity to rapidly grow your career in your own direction
- Fab newly fitted out office in the heart of Leamington Spa
- Flexible location (office/WFH hybrid)
- Free mental health support through Mindful Employer Plus
- Cultural and active lifestyle contributions for a healthy mind and body
- Sabbatical scheme – just send us a postcard
- Regular team socials but no ‘forced fun’
This is a hybrid office/WFH role with at least 2 days per week in our Leamington Spa office. It is likely that this role will involve regular travel between the UK/Europe in the future.
If you think you're who we're looking for, drop us a line and let's have coffee(in person or virtually).
But please don't just send us a CV.... NO COVER LETTER, NO REPLY!
PLEASE READ THIS BIT
Important - the following criteria are non-negotiable, and applications that do not meet them will be ignored:
- a cover letter is essential! Applications without one cannot be considered
- we are unable to sponsor visa applications
- applicants must already have the Right to Work in their location
- no Agencies, thank you
To help with our diversity efforts, we believe in fighting unconscious bias. We believe that actions speak louder than words and so we have decided to anonymise all CVs we receive. No name, no picture, no nationality or sex, no university or hobbies, no age or references. When your CV is being assessed by our team we only ever consider one thing: your skills. Once you've been shortlisted, we'll share everything we can about you with our interview panel, and we'll want to speak to you ASAP to know everything that's not on your CV, the rest of you.