You’re an inspiring leader and enjoy growing, coaching and engaging with your team. You’re articulate and able to communicate clearly with techies, the commercial team and clients. You’re adept at balancing business priorities and considering delivery from both commercial and technical viewpoints. You take pride in embedding structures and processes that help your team to work effectively and efficiently. You’re also not afraid to roll up your sleeves from time to time and get stuck into the tech.
· Ownership of the overall roadmap for platform and tech stack
· Building / managing teams here and abroad + able to grow the team in new areas
· Introduction of structure and processes (eg out of hours handling) and the balancing of commercial with resource
· Capable of being client facing when required and able to take on some tech project management work
· Embedding of knowledge management structure and processes in the team
· Oversee and tighten Quality Control to ensure the business can progress
· Ensure open and active communications both within the team and externally with stakeholders and clients
· Proactively manage work against commercial priorities
· Able to augment the tech resource when required
Please don't try and blag these or tell us you will pick them up quickly - we don't have time to teach the following!
· Strong leadership and people/team management experience
· Experience of managing remote teams (international experience a benefit)
· Proven track record of designing, owning and managing tech roadmap
· Familiarity with AWS Lambda, CloudWatch and CodeBuild
· Understanding of AWS architecture best practices
· Version control (we use Git)
· Comfortable managing a team who work with advanced HTML5 and SCSS,AWS CLI and SDKs, RESTful APIs, Jasmine & Jest
· Excellent attention to detail
· Strong communication skills – both written and spoken
· Experience working with a chatbot would be beneficial
· Competitive salary
· Generous holiday allowance
· Flexible working
· Flexible location (office/hybrid)
· Nifty benefits
· Vocational and professional training
· Share options scheme
· Cultural and active lifestyle contributions
· Sabbatical scheme
This the a hybrid role can be flexed between home and office, but we do need you to be able to work from the office for 2 to3 days per week.
We are based in the heart of beautiful Leamington Spa an 8 minute stroll from the station and within easy reach of the shops, cafes, restaurants and open spaces of the town. Leamington is an easy direct train journey from London (1hr 15mins) and Birmingham (30 mins) and we also have free parking on site.
Zipabout is following government COVID guidance and will amend our WFH/office guidelines in line with any changes by government.
If you think you're who we're looking for, drop us a line and let's have coffee(in person or virtually).
But please don't just send us a CV.... NO COVER LETTER, NO REPLY!
PLEASE READ THIS BIT
Important - the following criteria are non-negotiable, and applications that do not meet them will be ignored:
- a cover letter is essential! Applications without one cannot be considered
- we are unable to sponsor visa applications
- applicants must already have the Right to Work in the UK
- no Agencies, thank you
Diversity: to help with our diversity efforts, we believe in fighting unconscious bias. We believe that actions speak louder than words and so we have decided to anonymise all CVs we receive. No name, no picture, no nationality or sex, no university or hobbies, no age or references. When your CV is being assessed by our team we only ever consider one thing: your skills. Once you've been shortlisted, we'll share everything we can about you with our interview panel, and we'll want to speak to you ASAP to know everything that's not on your CV, the rest of you.