At the core of our offering is a cloud-based messaging platform, built from the ground up, that reliably delivers millions of messages to bus and rail passengers every day. We are already integrated with some of the world's largest messaging platforms, including Messenger and WhatsApp, and we are now looking for a mid-senior level software engineer - ideally with some experience of working on event-driven and/or messaging platforms - to help us take the platform to the next level.
You will be working closely with our lead front-end/back-end developers and product team to drive the development of our core messaging services, providing millions of bus and rail users with a rich real-time messaging experience every day.
For you, the devil is in the detail! Resilience, scalability and quality all go without saying in everything you do! You’ve probably been working as part of a team on an enterprise-level platform for a while, and fancy a challenge with greater responsibility and plenty of room to grow. We are unable to offer interviews to developers with less than 3-5 years commercial experience.
- At least 3 years commercial experience with Amazon Web Services (Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Cloudformation/SAM essential)
- Modern architectural design patterns, particularly event-driven and microservice based architectures
- Experience with source control (Git preferred), continuous integration, and unit/integration testing and issue management software (Jira ideally)
- Object-oriented and functional programming concepts
- Containerisation (docker experience preferable)
- Experience with 3rd party messaging APIs such as Messenger, Twilio, and the WhatsApp Business API
- Solid knowledge of Scala (or a background in Java if no direct experience of Scala)
- NoSQL database design (understanding of Graph concepts a bonus!) with solid knowledge of SQL/MySQL beneficial
- Familiarity with RESTful API design concepts
· Competitive salary
· Generous holiday allowance
· Flexible working
· Flexible location (office/hybrid)
· Nifty benefits
· Vocational and professional training
· Share options scheme
· Cultural and active lifestyle contributions
· Sabbatical scheme
This role can be carried out in the UK or from Lithuania (Vilnius). It will involve regular travel from the UK/Lithuania. Applicants based outside these countries cannot be considered.
If you think you're who we're looking for, drop us a line and let's have coffee(in person or virtually).
But please don't just send us a CV....NO COVER LETTER, NO REPLY!
PLEASE READ THIS BIT
Important - the following criteria are non-negotiable, and applications that do not meet them will be ignored:
- a cover letter is essential! Applications without one cannot be considered
- we are unable to sponsor visa applications
- applicants must already have the Right to Work in your location
- no Agencies, thank you
Diversity: to help with our diversity efforts, we believe in fighting unconscious bias. We believe that actions speak louder than words and so we have decided to anonymise all CVs we receive. No name, no picture, no nationality or sex, no university or hobbies, no age or references. When your CV is being assessed by our team we only ever consider one thing: your skills. Once you've been shortlisted, we'll share everything we can about you with our interview panel, and we'll want to speak to you ASAP to know everything that's not on your CV, the rest of you.