At the core of our offering is a cloud-based messaging platform, built from the ground up, that reliably delivers millions of messages to bus and rail passengers every day. We are already integrated with some of the world's largest messaging platforms, including Messenger and WhatsApp, and we are now looking for a mid-senior level software engineer - ideally with some experience of working on event-driven and/or messaging platforms - to help us take the platform to the next level.
You will be working closely with our lead front-end/back-end developers and product team to drive the development of our core messaging services, providing millions of bus and rail users with a rich real-time messaging experience every day.
For you, the devil is in the detail! Resilience, scalability and quality all go without saying in everything you do! You’ve probably been working as part of a team on an enterprise-level platform for a while, and fancy a challenge with greater responsibility and plenty of room to grow. We are unable to offer interviews to developers with less than 3-5 years commercial experience.
- At least 3 years commercial experience with Amazon Web Services (Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Cloudformation/SAM essential)
- Modern architectural design patterns, particularly event-driven and microservice based architectures
- Experience with source control (Git preferred), continuous integration, and unit/integration testing and issue management software (Jira ideally)
- Object-oriented and functional programming concepts
- Containerisation (docker experience preferable)
- Experience with 3rd party messaging API's such as Messenger, Twilio, and the WhatsApp Business API
- Solid knowledge of Scala (or a background in Java if no direct experience of Scala)
- NoSQL database design (understanding of Graph concepts a bonus!) with solid knowledge of SQL/MySQL beneficial
- Familiarity with RESTful API design concepts
We are based in the heart of beautiful Leamington Spa an 8 minute stroll from the station and within easy reach of the shops, cafes, restaurants and open spaces of the town. This role will be based full time in the office with working hours of 0900 - 1730 Monday to Friday.
If you think you're who we're looking for, drop us a line and let's have coffee (in person or virtually).
But please don't just send us a CV....
NO COVER LETTER, NO REPLY!
PLEASE READ THIS BIT
Important - the following criteria are non-negotiable, and applications that do not meet them will be ignored:
- a cover letter is essential! Applications without one cannot be considered
- we are unable to sponsor visa applications - applicants must already have the Right to Work in the UK
- no Agencies, thank you