You’re driven to ensure constant evolution and improvement of the tech you work with. You’re commercially astute and able to translate commercial requirements into production code. You’re a strong people manager keen to grow and develop your team. You enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
· Responsibility for development and delivery of the core Zipabout Platform
· Working with the Product Owner and other stakeholders to translate commercial requirements into production code.
· Maintain and develop systems and processes to help the team deploy, monitor, test and continuously deliver new features and improvements to our technology.
· Work closely with the CTO to constantly review platform architecture and infrastructure with internal stakeholders and suppliers, driving innovation and best practice across the entire tech team.
· Ensure visibility of technology/technical developments across the wider business by reporting regularly to CTO and other stakeholders.
· Co-ordination of training, development and efficient growth of the tech-team aligned with allocated budgets, targets and deliverables.
Please don't try and blag these or tell us you will pick them up quickly - we don't have time to teach the following!
· At least 3 years commercial experience with AWS is essential, ideally with a certification at Professional level.
· Experience with Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Cloudformation/SAM essential
· Although our core platform services are developed using Scala, a sound knowledge of Java will be sufficient.
· A sound understanding of modern architectural design patterns, particularly event-driven and microservice based architectures
· Experience with source control (Git preferred), continuous integration, and unit/integration testing and issue management software (Jira ideally)
· Object-oriented and functional programming concepts
· Containerisation (docker experience preferable)
We are a fast-paced company, committed to growing a formidable business. We will do so by delivering exceptional value to our clients and developing new and innovative ways for our tech to grow.
You are a good fit for the Zipabout culture if you:
- Are a self-starter and are excited (and not daunted) about joining a rapidly growing scale-up business
- Enjoy change. We’re about innovation – we don’t stand still!
- Are a self-learner and a passionate tinkerer – you like to try new things and are comfortable paving the way forwards
- Have a product mindset - we are a product company, not a services company
- Want to be part of a team.
- We reward with competitive salaries and regular reviews
- Share options scheme for all staff – you will own a meaningful part of the business
- Flexible working so that you can plan your workday around your commitments
- We invest in your development with both personal professional and vocational development budgets
- Generous holiday allowance because we know that downtime feeds creativity and productivity
- A real work/life, family friendly balance - we don’t want you working the weekends
- No micro-management!
- Exposure to many aspects of the business and the opportunity to rapidly grow your career in your own direction
- Fab newly fitted out office in the heart of Leamington Spa
- Flexible location (office/WFH hybrid)
- Free mental health support through Mindful Employer Plus
- Cultural and active lifestyle contributions for a healthy mind and body
- Sabbatical scheme – just send us a postcard
- Regular team socials but no ‘forced fun’
This is a hybrid office/WFH role with at least 2 days per week in our Leamington Spa office. It is likely that this role will involve regular travel between the UK/Europe in the future.
If you think you're who we're looking for, drop us a line and let's have coffee (in person or virtually). But please don't just send us a CV....NO COVER LETTER, NO REPLY!
PLEASE READ THIS BIT
Important - the following criteria are non-negotiable, and applications that do not meet them will be ignored:
- a cover letter is essential! Applications without one cannot be considered
- we are unable to sponsor visa applications
- applicants must already have the Right to Work in your location
- no Agencies, thank you
Diversity: to help with our diversity efforts, we believe in fighting unconscious bias. We believe that actions speak louder than words and so we have decided to anonymise all CVs we receive. No name, no picture, no nationality or sex, no university or hobbies, no age or references. When your CV is being assessed by our team we only ever consider one thing: your skills. Once you've been shortlisted, we'll share everything we can about you with our interview panel, and we'll want to speak to you ASAP to know everything that's not on your CV, the rest of you.