Banging out corporate websites doesn’t interest you and its quite likely come from an agency background that has kept you on your toes - but now you need something a bit more exciting. You will have 3+ years’ experience at a junior/mid level and have probably been managing your own workflow for a while.
· Developing and maintaining the frontend web views powering the product
· Working with back-end developers to integrate RESTful APIs
· Delivering pixel-perfect visual code, online and inline
· Managing workflow with project managers to ensure smooth delivery
· Contributing to the general standard of front-end within the company
· Taking ownership of improving and maintaining this to a good standard
· Thoroughly review own and peer's tests - minimising issues picked up by the team.
· Working with UX design team to ensure the front-end views are consistent with the style guide.
· Advanced HTML5 and SCSS, with excellent attention to detail
· Knowledge of AWS Lambda, CloudWatch and CodeBuild desirable but not required
· Version control (we use Git)
· Working with RESTful APIs
· Experience writing unit tests to build robust code (we use React Testing Library, Jest and Cypress)
· Writing code with scalability, readability and maintainability in mind
· Experience working with a chatbot would be beneficial
· Competitive salary
· Generous holiday allowance
· Flexible working
· Flexible location (office/hybrid)
· Nifty benefits
· Vocational and professional training
· Share options scheme
· Cultural and active lifestyle contributions
· Sabbatical scheme
This is a hybrid role which can be carried out at home or in the office, but we do need you to be able to attend the office for training / project briefing when required. We are based in the heart of beautiful Leamington Spa an 8 minute stroll from the station and within easy reach of the shops, cafes, restaurants and open spaces of the town. Leamington is an easy direct train journey from London (1hr 15mins) and Birmingham (30 mins) and we also have free parking on site.
Zipabout is following government COVID guidance and will amend our WFH/office guidelines in line with any changes by government.
If you think you're who we're looking for, drop us a line and let's have coffee(in person or virtually).
But please don't just send us a CV....
NO COVER LETTER, NO REPLY!
PLEASEREAD THIS BIT
Important - the following criteria are non-negotiable, and applications that do not meet them will be ignored:
- a cover letter is essential! Applications without one cannot be considered
- we are unable to sponsor visa applications
- applicants must already have the Right to Work in the UK
- no Agencies, thank you
Diversity: to help with our diversity efforts, we believe in fighting unconscious bias. We believe that actions speak louder than words and so we have decided to anonymise all CVs we receive. No name, no picture, no nationality or sex, no university or hobbies, no age or references. When your CV is being assessed by our team we only ever consider one thing: your skills. Once you've been shortlisted, we'll share everything we can about you with our interview panel, and we'll want to speak to you ASAP to know everything that's not on your CV, the rest of you.