Stuff here is getting exciting. As we scale and grow into Europe we need keen and ambitious FEDs to help us keep rolling out world firsts – on time and on target. It goes without saying that you’re a dedicated FED and you can be trusted to deliver, but you will also be comfortable with working in a product-led environment and recognise how important the user experience is to everything we do.
Banging out corporate websites doesn’t interest you and its quite likely come from an agency background that has kept you on your toes - but now you need something a bit more exciting. You will have 3+ years’ experience at a junior/mid level and have probably been managing your own workflow for a while
Please don't try and blag these or tell us you will pick them up quickly - we don't have time to teach the following!
· Advanced HTML5 and SCSS, with excellent attention to detail
· Knowledge of AWS Lambda, CloudWatch and CodeBuild desirable but not required
· Version control (we use Git)
· Working with RESTful APIs
· Experience writing unit tests to build robust code (we use React Testing Library, Jest and Cypress)
· Writing code with scalability, readability and maintainability in mind
· Experience working with a chatbot would be beneficial
We are a fast-paced company, committed to growing a formidable business. We will do so by delivering exceptional value to our clients and developing new and innovative ways for our tech to grow.
You are a good fit for the Zipabout culture if you:
- Are a self-starter and are excited (and not daunted) about joining a rapidly growing scale-up business
- Enjoy change. We’re about innovation – we don’t stand still!
- Are a self-learner and a passionate tinkerer – you like to try new things and are comfortable paving the way forwards
- Have a product mindset - we are a product company, not a services company
- Want to be part of a team.
- We reward with competitive salaries and regular reviews
- Share options scheme for all staff – you will own a meaningful part of the business
- Flexible working so that you can plan your workday around your commitments
- We invest in your development with both personal professional and vocational development budgets
- Generous holiday allowance because we know that downtime feeds creativity and productivity
- A real work/life, family friendly balance - we don’t want you working the weekends
- No micro-management!
- Exposure to many aspects of the business and the opportunity to rapidly grow your career in your own direction
- Fab newly fitted out office in the heart of Leamington Spa
- Flexible location (office/WFH hybrid)
- Free mental health support through Mindful Employer Plus
- Cultural and active lifestyle contributions for a healthy mind and body
- Sabbatical scheme – just send us a postcard!
- Regular team socials but no ‘forced fun’
This is a hybrid office/WFH role with at least 2 days per week in our Leamington Spa office. We are based in the heart of beautiful Leamington Spa an 8 minute stroll from the station and within easy reach of the shops, cafes, restaurants and open spaces of the town. Leamington is an easy direct train journey from London (1hr 15mins) and Birmingham (30 mins) and we also have free parking on site.
Zipabout is following government COVID guidance and will amend our WFH/office guidelines in line with any changes by government.
If you think you're who we're looking for, drop us a line and let's have coffee (in person or virtually). But please don't just send us a CV....NO COVER LETTER, NO REPLY!
PLEASE READ THIS BIT
Important - the following criteria are non-negotiable, and applications that do not meet them will be ignored:
- a cover letter is essential! Applications without one cannot be considered
- we are unable to sponsor visa applications
- applicants must already have the Right to Work in your location
- no Agencies, thank you
To help with our diversity efforts, we believe in fighting unconscious bias. We believe that actions speak louder than words and so we have decided to anonymise all CVs we receive. No name, no picture, no nationality or sex, no university or hobbies, no age or references. When your CV is being assessed b your team we only ever consider one thing: your skills. Once you've been shortlisted, we'll share everything we can about you with our interview panel, and we'll want to speak to you ASAP to know everything that's not on your CV, the rest of you.