We are currently recruting for the following positions at Zipabout. Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining our team.
The Job – Senior Software Developer – Oxford – £ Negotiable
We require an experienced software developer to lead our small but growing research & development team from our Oxford based offices. Reporting directly to, and working closely with the Technical Director, you will be responsible for the overall development and management of the Zipabout platform, working with some of the latest cloud-based technologies including ‘serverless’, stream processing and graph databases.
Experience of leading a development team is essential, with an understanding of the core Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform also being a pre-requisite. An understanding of spatial data (GIS) and transportation data (e.g. TfL Open Data, DARWIN, SIRI, DatexII) would be desirable, although not essential.
- .NET Development (C#/NET)
- REST API and Mobile SDK (iOS/Android) development
- Amazon Web Services – especially DynamoDB, Kinesis, and Lambda
- An understanding of Graph database concepts, and event driven, service-oriented software architecture
- Experience in configuring and maintaining a Visual Studio based development environment (with SVN/Git repositories)
- Offices based in the heart of Oxford, UK
- 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays)
- Occasional Remote/Flexible working available
- Time off and funding to help further your skills through training, professional certification and other personal development.
The Company – Zipabout (www.zipabout.com)
Zipabout provides a cloud based data aggregation and communications platform for the transport industry. We work with transport operators, including major rail franchise and bus operators across the UK, helping them to understand and engage with their passengers directly and individually. We use technologies pioneered within the online advertising sector to deliver truly cutting-edge functionality for the next generation of personalised journey information systems, both in the UK and internationally. Our platform processes millions of data points every day, including real-time train, bus and road sensor data, and is capable of delivering personalised journey information to millions of bus, rail and road users through our unique, service-oriented event-driven software architecture.
Zipabout was founded by experienced veterans from the online advertising technology and digital marketing sectors. Having recently secured private seed funding and significant grant funding from the UK government (InnovateUK), we are expanding our Oxford based team to help us to develop our platform and to deliver the next generation of transport technology both in the UK and internationally.